18.2.09

MASTER V PUPIL

It’s 11 years since Steve Davis has beaten Ronnie O’Sullivan and he’s never beaten him in a ranking event.

There’s no reason to suggest those stats will change today.

It’s master v pupil but O’Sullivan has won their last 14 meetings.

One of the reasons for this is the respect he has for Davis. When his friends were cheering against him in the 1980s, Ronnie was solidly behind the then snooker king.

Therefore, he doesn’t take him lightly and, though he probably doesn’t derive much pleasure from beating him, would not insult him by giving him an easy ride.

There have been many shocks already at the Welsh Open this week.

I don’t expect another one here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on Steve!

Anonymous said...

Dave can you tell me what the overall head to head record is between ronnie and steve davis. thanks

Anonymous said...

Get stuck into him Davis... 8)

Anonymous said...

cmon stevey steeeeeeve!!

Anonymous said...

Steve's just made an excellent century break, and his safety game is looking VERY strong this afternoon.
I'm not saying I think he'll win it, but write him off at your peril!

Anonymous said...

Dave, I just heard you and Mike in commentary saying that O'Sullivan is using yet another new cue after giving his last one away, but on the BBC Wales coverage an hour or so Terry Griffiths and the presenter there were saying that it is definitely the one he used at the Masters. Not saying you are wrong but I thought I'd let you know that they are saying something else.

I. said...

"Dave, I just heard you and Mike in commentary saying that O'Sullivan is using yet another new cue after giving his last one away, but on the BBC Wales [...]"

I'm interested in resolving that controversy too!